Mytemplates initially works by finding your documents that have the word MyTemplates anywhere in the title. It will present a list of such documents from your Google Drive.
If you don't have any such documents, you can just make a copy of a file you regularly use and rename that copy to MyTemplate Something.
You can search for other documents through search field and create copies with 1 click as well.
This is practically all you need to know. We don't open your documents or store them in our database. We just make a copy within your Google Drive and open that copy for you. Files are never leaving Google server. So how to simply use Mytemplates:
- If you do not already have any file that you use as a template (offer, calculations spreadsheet,...), create it first in your Google documents. We will not create the file for you. :)
- Anywhere in the name of the file you wish to use as a template, add MyTemplates word. You can have any number of such files, but they must be Google Docs files. It doesn't work for pdf's, zip's or other file types.
- In the Mytemplates app, you will then see the list of your templates (files that have MyTemplates in the name).
- You can create a new file from your template simply by clicking the + button on the left. You will get back a link to your new file.
- Enjoy working on your new file. :)
Sure, We'll be glad to get your feedback.